Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a post on a few product questions that I had.

1. Corroless / Rust encapsulator - I asked if it would be OK to tint the product black, thus saving the step of spraypainting most parts black. They are planning just such a product.

2. The Self-Etching primer they sell is still epoxt based - the label is all that changed (leaving "epoxy" off).

Just FYI. Dickson

PS - for those of you who used "Under hood black" spray paint, I mated a part painted with one painted with Rustoleum satin black.....And could not see a difference other than about $2 a can + shipping. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
900 Posts
You said the self-etching primer is epoxy-based. Is that a dual purpose product of some sort that can be used in lieu of two separate products--a self-etching primer and an epoxy primer? Any further information on it? TIA

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My understanding is that it remains a self-etching epoxy primer. So, the etching component will give bare metal a good surface etch for adhesion, and the epoxy base will also stand up (and not absorb) moisture the way non-epoxy primers tend to....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts