Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,
Yes these are some easy (I should know the answer) questions but hey, I guess VMF is the kind of place that you can ask anything and only a few will laugh at you. (J/K)
1) Asked before but I never saw an answer, does my 1967 FB have a collapsible steering column (heard some say it does, and some say it doesn't)?
2) My fog lamps, interiors, and reverse lights don't work. Could it be a fuse? Where is the fuse panel (I haven't bought an owners manual or shop manual yet)?

Thanks for the help folks!

Nate
1967 (Red) Fastback GTA
289, Holly carb, Edelbrock Heads and Cam,
Offy Intake, various other parts here and there.

·
Registered
65 Mustang Convertible
1,754 Posts
I never saw a 67 with a collapsible steering column, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
It could be, probably is, a fuse. The box should be located on the drivers side, in front of the door, under the dash by your left knee when driving. Not a very convenient place, but oh well.

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me!!!
66 200 3-spd Coupe - emberglo, daily driver
65 289 4-spd Conv - Rangoon Red (what else)
66 Shelby - Red and Ready to be Restored

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
I believe the collapsible steering column was a federal mandate in Jan 67...so some 67's have them and some don't

A fuse could be your problem with your lights. The fuse panel is under the dash on the very left hand side. It could also be some other kind of problem(s) too.

Paul
1965 Mustang 2+2
1989 Mustang GT Convertible
MCA #27261
MCA certified judge for 65's and late models

·
Premium Member
7,041 Posts
The collapseable was JAN 68, not 67. Check where the shaft goes through the firewall and meets the steering box. If it just goes straight in, not collapsable. If just before it gets to the box, you see a joint held together by 2 bolts, with daylight inbetween the halves, it is collapable. However, from working in a salvage yard years ago, if you do not wear your seat belt, your chest will collaspe the steering shaft about the same time the folded over steering wheel pokes out your back.

Bob Hendrick
[email protected] ebay +82
1514 Braeburn
Richardson TX 972 783 4731

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Hi, the fuse box on my 67 is right over the gas pedal on the right side of the steering column. John

Opal frost pearl metallic 67 coupe http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/febef75b01.JPG
also have a 95 opal frost pearl G/T BOSS edition convertible belongs to swmbo

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the pointers, really helps me out a lot. Mmmmm, Mustangerbob1, what a wonderful visual picture, I think I am getting hungry for dinner. :) I guess I'll work on the shoulder belts too. HA HA.
Thanks again everyone for the tips!

Nate
1967 (Red) Fastback GTA
289, Holly carb, Edelbrock Heads and Cam,
Offy Intake, various other parts here and there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts