Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has already been posted. I search thru 10 pages and didn't find anything!

I think this one was up for auction b4...I remember seeing the "EAT" plates on the back b4.
Very nice looking what seems to be an orig. car. BUT...$500K buy it now!! haha!

Item number: 4601023861

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
link What is the deal with the "EAT" and "EAK" emblems? Nice pictures for anyone doing a concourse resto. I'm confused though, the one picture of the gauges shows the car with oil pressure, but the alternator is not charging, then the next photo shows the car in drive, 6K miles and 500k buy it now and you take pictures of your shifter while driving down the road.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually looks like the car is in "D" for all the pics...but it is parked. I'm sure someone knows what the emblems mean..but I have no clue!

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
First of all I wouldn't down 500K for this car. Now for the just the right person who is looking for a 68 super low millege with documenation maybe it would be worth it too them. I can't say I know that market that well and who's to say, we all spend too much time telling others how they should or should not spend there money.

I can tell you one thing for a fact if I did have that kind of money and wanted to spend it on a shelby I would spend it on this car LONG before one of the Eleanor Type Continuation type cars, JMHO.

But than again, if it was my money I think I would spend it on a couple three 65, 66's and leave it at that.

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mark,
I agree. For $500K it has to be for someone who has a few million sitting around burning a hole in their pocket!
For that type of $$ I'd rather has a few 68.5 CJ's or (I still hope to have this someday!) all 3 body styles in '67 GT form....

·
Registered
580 Posts
Just finished looking at this car when I signed on. Could the "EAT" plate be a European thing to ID the car in different Countries?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
This car has been on Ebay since July. It is the first time with a Buy-It now option....A bit unrealistic..

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Didnt Shelby spend some time in Africa in the early 70's after the deal with Ford played out?

·
Registered
171 Posts
When I see Buy It Now 500k like that, these people are not selling a car they are braging.[ I got my car on ebay for 500k and that make me better than you!!!] :no: :sick:

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I'm confused though, the one picture of the gauges shows the car with oil pressure, but the alternator is not charging, then the next photo shows the car in drive, 6K miles and 500k buy it now and you take pictures of your shifter while driving down the road.
My guess is oil guage is broken as the tach is on 0 in all the other pics. Also a 6K mile engine should have more than 20#'s oil pressure @ any speed.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
As a matter of fact, Shelby did spend a few years in Africa on safari after the Mustang project.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Did Shelbys really only come witha 3.00:1 open rear end? That's what the tag reads out as unless I'm missing something. That just seems kind of small for a 428cj. I have that same rear end in my 66 and that's only an A code 289.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts