Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats your opinion on these granadas? I havent seen these kind of rotors before? Are they anythign special? Incorrect?

Also price seems sorta high if anything needs to be bought and or replaced to make this swap complete.

Any comments and advice would be great

as always, thank you

brakes

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also is it possible to drill your own rotors to give it that sport look and extra cooling.

Saying i made a jig and template and used a mill or a lathe or drill press, is it possible to do, or would the rotors warp in the process, specific drill pattern needed, etc...
thanx

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
If everything is new, rotors, pads, calipers, hoses, etc then to me $350 doesn't seem bad but since $350 hasn't met the sellers reserve who knows how far you'll need to dig. I personally don't know about the rotors being correct or not. I'd send the seller a list of questions. After you buy them, you can show me how to install them. I'll supply the soda's and chips.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha putting in those brakes will be a first for me, it will be a "learning experience"

·
Registered
164 Posts
Don't think drilling rotors is a home do it yourself project unless you have the proper equipment and the skill. Don't want a rotor exploding when you need it the most. I've seen cracking on aftermarket rotors ( even some high buck Porsche parts ) so you have to be careful.
If you want drilled / slotted rotors check out Mugguzi Performance They don't list granada rotors on the site, but they just emailed me to say they have added hi-po granada rotors and pads to their line up.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats what i wanted to know. The reserve on the granadas from ebay are 700.00

That seems ridiculous...i could get wilwood setup for about the same

·
Registered
409 Posts
Go to your local pic-a-part and you should be able to find a V-8 granada set-up, I have read where 2 size rotors were used 10" & 11".
The 11" are the size you should look for, mercury monarchs are the same so you should be able to find some.
$700 is too much as you already know.

Don

1 - 8 of 8 Posts