Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I am posting a Mustang part, first I have to decide if it is an auto part or classic auto part. With the search engine I have set up for 65 - 68 Mustang parts, the display shows about an equal number. Then, deeper in, now more choices. If it is a hood, easy choice. But if it is 65 front fender splash shields, maybe it should be listed in the fenders section, or maybe the brackets section, or who knows where else. Normally, I just try and get close. I have about 13 different search scripts written for Mustang parts, and get pretty good overlaps if needed. I never even use the category to search on. Any feedback? (Hope I posted this in the RIGHT section. Maybe it should be in the wanted area?? Will no one read this since it may be in the wrong area? ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
When I do searches, I use keywords, and sometimes narrow down by category, but only on a VERY gross level. E.g. "eBay motors" to rule out toys. Never on the level of detail that's available.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I usually break down the categories. I have been looking form a new set of wheels lately. You type in mustang rim or wheel and you get a lot of crap. I usually brake it down into rims and wheel/tire and then size, 17 and 18.

I can see where a lot of you would run into problems with the classic car parts and car/truck parts and then parts that could go with many different categories.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts