Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased from eBay a record album from Ford. Titled "You make the choice, 69 Mustang". It was a training album sent to dealers to help them learn the new models and options on the 69 Mustang. On the flip side there is even a quiz to see if they were paying attention.

I'm not an expert but have been lurking here for over 2 years, and been to a swap or two and have never seen or heard of this item before. Anyone else here have one of these or ever hear of them??

This one's never been played. I paid a whoping $8.50 for it. I think it would be interesting to play and see what's on it but I'm afraid it would loose half it's value and only be worth $4 :)

Jeff,

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ford issued a great many of these training LP's over the years -- in most (though undoubtedly not all) cases, they came in sets with a textbook, filmstrip and accompanying record, which the vast majority of sellers inexplicably elect to split up.

These days Ford uses videotapes, which are much harder to split into their separate video and sound components for individual sale on Ebay, but I'm sure some clever seller will eventually manage...

Nevertheless, these materials are interesting and often hard to find, if not exceptionally "rare".

-- Dave H.
(Dave's 1966 Mustang Tech Site)
(South of the Border Mustang Registry)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Dave. Makes me wonder if there's a film strip that go with the record. I guess if I played it I would find out. It would seem there are not too many out there since yours was the only reply.

Thanks again!
Jeff,

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Yes there was a filmstrip and book to go with each or they came as a group. Always thought about converting these to CD-Rom (even though they contain tons of non-production stuff) to make a coupel of Bucks.

BTW I've got that filmstrip along with another three dozen from different year. Think I've got a full 66 or 64 set.

Did help us determine that the undecarriage "primer" was not the simple primer but the epoxy primer so that it would not rust through.

Jeff Speegle
MCA Shelby Gold Card

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/6473
Mustang & Shelby research, documentation

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1609818&a=12284202&p=44925357&Sequence=7&res=high.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the great info Jeff! I suppose now I will have to look for the film and book to go my album...
You've got MY, ahh... the, film strip! Interested in selling it or buying the album?
I have a film scanner and CD burner ;)

Thanks again for the reply.
Jeff,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts