Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
71 Mach1, Mcode, AOD, 4 wheel discs, Ram air, Cragars in Vermilion Fire paint.
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checkout this ebay car.

This work mate is interested in it, sent the seller an email asking if he can come over to check it out since he's not that far and was told by the seller that he does not want anyone to come and see the car.

What do make of it? Is he just protecting his anonymity.
I would have thought that if someone's selling a car then the more that see it the better?

PS, I did talk my mate out of it, cause after he spoke with the seller about the vehicle, it ended up being born a T code.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Sounds like the seller has issues. He even says it may sell before the auction ends and that it is listed elswhere. How can you sell a car and not ever show it? What a yerk!

·
7,062 Posts
was told by the seller that he does not want anyone to come and see the car.
Sure that's normal. If the seller is a scam artist or a complete moron, I would say telling potential buyers they can't see the car would be 100% normal.

Phil

·
Registered
35 Posts
There was a guy no more than 10 minutes from my house who was selling a '71 429 CJ on Ebay. I emailed him asking if I could come by and he refused. He told me that he was unavailable until the auction ended. Rather convenient for him in my opinion. Needless to say, I stayed clear of that one. If the seller won't let you come and look at it then they're trying to dump it. Stay clear!

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Yes, that's very normal............for a scammer or someone totally el stupido.

Payment method: COD? yet local pickup only? Notice he doesn't even require a deposit immediately? Zero history?

"Run Simba, run like the wind, away from this person...."

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
It's another one of those huge 289 litre engines.

·
Registered
466 Posts
you mean you would consider paying that kind of $$$$ for that car?

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Something fishy there for sure. By the way, how much IS AU$25,000 in US dollars?

·
Registered
8,003 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
what's "normal" is what you negotiate.

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
Unless your work mate has more money than sense I'd suggest he/she run hard and fast from that auction.

I really don't like eBay anyway, but if the seller won't allow you to actually see the car before the sale, does not list the VIN or mileage there may be something very wrong with the car.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Unless your work mate has more money than sense I'd suggest he/she run hard and fast from that auction.

I really don't like eBay anyway, but if the seller won't allow you to actually see the car before the sale, does not list the VIN or mileage there may be something very wrong with the car.
If HE even owns it at all!!

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
You probably can't pick it up after the auction is over either (because it doesn't exist). I didn't know that Ford had an 8 3/4 rear end. I thought that was limited to Chrysler products. Like the others have said stay away from this one.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Huge RED FLAG... stay away!!! A seller with a quality product always wants others to see his wares. A seller using mirrors / bells & whistles wants his anonymity. A no-brainer to me!!!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
No, couldn't afford the gas for a 289 litre engine. but then I guess a 289 litre would burn crude oil. :lol:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
The only way I reply to guys like that is: I was born during the day, but it wasn't yesterday.

·
Registered
71 Mach1, Mcode, AOD, 4 wheel discs, Ram air, Cragars in Vermilion Fire paint.
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Something fishy there for sure. By the way, how much IS AU$25,000 in US dollars?
Buddy, one dollar AU buys 75cents US.

I don't think it's just that, this Mustang craze is outa control down here.

I think the main reason for these prices are the associated costs of buying them in AU$, shipping + 10% tax on arrival, compliancing etc.

Also because there's not as many as in the States, so

this demand brings the prices up even more.

This mate of mine has gone to see heaps of them, he hasn't found one yet for under $AU35K which doesn't have issues!

What would a 65 vert in excellent original condition, or a restored one sell for there? IE: a five foot car!

cheers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts