Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this 67 fastback is for sale with a buy it now for $3500! there must be rust or something, no one has bid on it. whats the problem with it? heres the link:
ebay

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
preapproved buyers? They want you to send $ before you can bid on a car they don't even have. I had someone post pictures of a car I had for sale (my pictures by the way) using the same senerion Preapproved buyers. They don't even have this car. Gary

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what does that mean, doesnt it mean they will only sell it to buyers they select? why do you say its a scam, that they dont even have the car?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Previous poster is right. I had my ebay account stolen. A good clue is if they are out of country and ask you to contact outside of the ebay system, yahoo, hotmail etc. STAY AWAY from them. You will never see the car or your money.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it says its located in new jersey? not out of country, please help me, im stupid and gulible, lol.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I think you need to spend some more time on this site to get the scam radar built into your head. Im 16 years old and can see a scam a mile away

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
the title on this car is almost worth the buy it now price. If it seems to good to be true it usually is a scam Gary

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Go ahead and write the guy. He will send you a letter back that the car is out of the states. Then write him back and ask him to send you a picture of him standing next to the car holding a sign with something you want writen on it. He will write back that he does not have a camera yet he was able to put pictures on eBay. Then you know it is a scam.

·
Registered
228 Posts
yeah... I saw a shelby a couple of weeks back that was a 24 hour auction, $100 starting price and a buy it now of $8500. Car looked too good to be true but the seller never said anything about the vehicle, just "email me at [email protected] and don't use the button to ask seller a question".
So I used the button to ask if the id owner had posted the auction and pointed the auction out to ebay. Day later the id was suspended, the auction was gone and the fellow confirmed his id had been stolen!
If it looks too good...

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks, i had been thinking about something like the picture idea of him standing by car, but you dont know what he looks like. but the holding a sign with a particular word is a really good idea

1 - 11 of 11 Posts