Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Like I said above, I've done three that way. A 302, a 5.0, and a 351W. A 90 and across behind the distributor was no problem on all three.
I usually only use AN fittings when I am working with stainless braid type lines.
So I did this. See pic. Did yours tilt up when you put the filter there?

Attachments

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Like I said above, I've done three that way. A 302, a 5.0, and a 351W. A 90 and across behind the distributor was no problem on all three.
I usually only use AN fittings when I am working with stainless braid type lines.
My filter only has male ends on it, and the line screw is too small for the female adapter. Guess I’ll go back to the drawing board.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,744 Posts
So I did this. See pic. Did yours tilt up when you put the filter there?
The one with a Weiand intake tilts up, a little. The 5.0 with the stock intake sits almost level. The 302 isn't with me anymore and I can't remember.

·
Registered
340 Posts
You might try the approach I used in my post above. I ditched the inline fuel filter since I already have the large fuel filter in the fuel pump. The connections up at the carb were easy... my only trouble was getting my hardline snaked down past my ac compressor and connected onto the fuel pump.
Thanks!
Rob

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You might try the approach I used in my post above. I ditched the inline fuel filter since I already have the large fuel filter in the fuel pump. The connections up at the carb were easy... my only trouble was getting my hardline snaked down past my ac compressor and connected onto the fuel pump.
Thanks!
Rob
I don't have a filter at the pump unfortunately..

·
Registered
340 Posts
I don't have a filter at the pump unfortunately..
Have you considered upgrading to the 65 pump with canister filter? I hear it is a pretty common upgrade for 66 owners. Filter replacement is easier on this unit because you don’t have to disconnect lines to pull and replace the filter.
Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
957 Posts
I'm looking at doing the same upgrade, but curious about the diameter of the line and if there are any hp limits? I'm not pushing high hp but it doesn't look very big either.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts