Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago, I posted some pics of the Edelbrock 1405 (600 cfm with manual choke) I installed in my coupe. When PhotoPoint went under, so did the link to the pics. I have recently received several requests for the pics again, so here is a new link:

http://members15.clubphoto.com/shannon596123/818282/owner-a1df.phtml

p.s.: Despite the debate to the contrary, when I installed my 1406 (same carb but with an electronic choke), I wired the choke to the STAT post of the alternator, and it works perfectly. Cheers!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Shan -

Interesting photos. When I hooked up the 1406 carb, I swapped the crankcase venitlation and fuel inlet ports from what you hooked up to. Your set-up is much cleaner than mine. I like it!

I used the instrument light power source (prior to the rheostat input) for the +12VDC source.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I just got a 1405 carb. I was going to use the front/big intake for the fuel line. I don't have the inlet you have (at the bottom right of you carb picture (straight on one)) Is the front/big/middle inlet (the one you have capped) not the right one for the fuel intake?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Careful! All three of the ports on the front of the carb (one used - left, two capped - center & right) are for vacuum only. The line you see in that picture utilizing the left-hand port is actually the vacuum line going to the advance on the distributor. Refer to the installation booklet that comes with the carb, or is available on Edelbrock's web page to become familiar with your new carb. In the case of my install, I used an Edelbrock banjo fitting (sold seperately) so I could fit a low profile air cleaner assy. The banjo fitting allows you to pivot the angle of the fuel fitting prior to tightening. It is a must have in my opinion. If you look at the pic again, you will see that I actually wrapped the fuel supply line around the back of the carb, and ran it along the drivers side of the carb. I did this because the space on the other side (passenger) is occupied by one of the heater hoses. The whole setup wound up clean and relatively uncluttered.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts