Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, 2 Quick beginners questions here:
1. The “tabs” (marked red circle), are those suppose to hold the intake gasket in place while installing? Or should i remove them?

2. which Way to turn the intake gaskets? With edelbrock logos towards the head or intake? (1 or 2)
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
36,468 Posts
The tabs lock the gasket in place to prevent shifting while you install the manifold.

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Convertible
1,102 Posts
The beading goes towards the intake so lettering up is my understanding. I also believe you are supposed to cut that piece if its a restriction in the water ports. I have the same heads but I used the Fel-Pro 1250S3, I used Gasacinch to hold it in place since the head gasket piece sticking out was not holding the gaskets high enough.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys. So the correct way is as number "2" picture, with the edelbrock logos facing the intake and grey side facting head?

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Convertible
1,102 Posts
Thanks for the replys. So the correct way is as number "2" picture, with the edelbrock logos facing the intake and grey side facting head?
Yes like pic 2. Also you see the bottom of your Intake gasket fit it on piece sticking out in part 1 and see how it looks around the ports.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts