Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need an adapter plate or I might be missing something. My Autolite 4100 with the Ford 1" spacer is to wide for the Edelbrock performer manifold. It is sucking in air from the gap from under the spacer.
Do I need a plate or spacer??

Help!!!!!!

Thanks, Kelly

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Do I need an adapter plate or I might be missing something. My Autolite 4100 with the Ford 1" spacer is to wide for the Edelbrock performer manifold. It is sucking in air from the gap from under the spacer.
Do I need a plate or spacer??

Help!!!!!!

Thanks, Kelly
You need to get a differant spacer , I had the same problem.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Pony Carburetors sells adapter plates for that exact situation; I use one on my '65 with a Performer 289 intake. They're overpriced for what they are, but if you're a big fan of the 4100 like me, it's well worth it. I'd change manifolds before I'd ditch my Autolite, and the stock 1" spacer just completes it.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
intake adapter

I used the one like the Boss used. It's the thin, black plastic w/ the bent tube for the PVC hose. depending on the source, they can be reasonable or expensive. It gives you the seal, clearance, and you use the stock carb bolts.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Get the Edelbrock part #9266. It is basically a thick gasket and will provide some heat insulation. $20 from Summit.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Sorry, answered without seeing you have the factory spacer. As stated above you will need a different one.

·
Registered
129 Posts
hey guys

i am indeed wanting to mount the autolite 4100 and the stock 1" spacer onto an edelbrock performer manifold. i found this old thread. as mentioned above the stock spacer is to wide for the manifold. there is mention of a place called pony carburetors up near the top of this thread however they appear to be out of business. anybody know how i can achieve this mounting or where i would now buy the parts to do this? someone mentioned the edelbrock 9266 spacer which would add another 1/4" to the overall height of the air cleaner but is this the BEST way to go???? obviously i would need to get new mounting studs if i went that route????

thx
kent

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Boss spacer

NPD and most other suppliers have the Boss 302 spacer. I have a 4100 on my Edelbrock and it works fine. Been there about 250,000 miles! NPD # 9A589-2A $49.95

1 - 9 of 9 Posts