Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the manifold the other night and vacuumed checked it and the mother "F" er leaks. I Installed an edelbrock #2665 with a Fel-Pro gasket # 1225. Edelbrocks Tech line and the paperwork that came with the manifold said not to use the end gaskets. Instead use a 1/4" bead of black RTV. I did not like the way this set-up was from the start, but did it anyway. Well low and behold I took it off and reinstalled it with the end gaskets. Any comments would be appreciated.Guess I'm just venting..

1970 351c4v Convert w/4spd toploader
1974 HD WideGlide Stroker Shovelhead
1997 Lincoln Mark 8
2000 Dodge Durango(wifes)

·
Registered
21,066 Posts
Whidh gaskets leaked? On the silicon, you have to let it sit for a few minutes first to get a " skin" on it.

Tom
You can do anything you want to......ONCE!
aka "my 66 coupe"

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, it was the one edelbrock suggested to use for street use #1228. The original was a valley pan type and this one is without the valley pan

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I have no experience with the 351C, but on my 289, when I tried to use the end seals with the Edelbrock, I had a big time oil leak at the rear cork seal. Pulled it back off, and tossed the end seals and it hasn't leaked a drop since. As others have said, you have to let the bead set up for a while first, and it needs to be pretty thick.

If you always do what you've always done,
You'll always get what you've always got

http://www.classic-mustang.net/johnpro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts