Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Jury out on this development? How good is it? Better gas milage? Better response? Better performance? Anybody know of anybody who has one?

thanks, Jaime

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
too expensive for me at about $2K. It should gain enough of a gas mileage increase to pay for itself...in 20 years or so!

I'd LOVE to have one though!!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Ditto on the too expensive. You can get a ford system for $500 and the'll throw in the rest of the car for free (auto auction special).

·
Registered
9,779 Posts
Jury out? No, this is the same stuff Edel. has put onto a Chevy manifold for what...3-4 years. It's all developed. Fuel injection is always preferable to a carb except in certain classes. Better milage, starting, performance. But to install it, you better know what you are doing.
One thing I do wish to get off my chest though. Why is everything Edelbrock does for a Chevy first when his daughter Cammy fast tracks an early Shelby?

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
I have one and it rolls out to the street late this week or ealy next. I've had a few electrical problems with it but I think it's operator error. It is expensive; but I have a theoretical 400hp 5.0 in a 66 mustang with no mods to engine compartment. It's pretty stealthy until you light it up.
If your car is already apart for restoration it's not too bad of an install. I think it would have been more of a pain if the interior had been in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts