Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been watching HPTV, and they were doing a story on the Edelbrock family and the plants where they make their parts. The two Edelbrock daughters are apparently into early Mustangs. They race GT-350's and they showed one of the daughters testing this manifold/injection system for small block Fords in what looked like a 65-66 coupe. It looked like a pretty slick setup. That's good if they like Mustangs so Edelbrock will keep developing some cool stuff for us all.

I taped it so I am going to go watch it again. That 94 GT is turning out really nice too.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I thought you were going to say something about the Edelbrock engine swap they showed on last weeks show.

They replaced the radiator, engine, transmission, driveline, and exhaust. They made it look soooo easy /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

It would be nice if Edelbrock focused more on Mustangs.

·
Banned
3,730 Posts
Hopefully, Edelbrock's products and their service have changed. Back in the 1980's was the last time I ever stepped into their shop...never again. When I was building and engine and interested in purchasing a manifold, I had questions about their products (and other mfg's) that the local distributors could not answer. I called Edelbrock (like the others). Edelbrock was the only company who did not return my 3 phone calls placed over a 1 month period. Since their shop was located in El Segundo (at the time), I drove over (about a 20 minute drive), walked into the business office where I was greeted and directed to a gentleman who would supposidly help me. I briefly explained my application, explained the products I was interested in and asked my 3 questions any tech person should have known or been able to acces at least 2 of the 3 answers. What I got was an inquiry as to what my occupation was, handed 3 brochures and told he didn't have any time. I left. I had a friend of mine who is a police officer building a 350 Chev. I was chatting with him the very next week..he laughed and advised me they "Like Cops", watch this. We drove from his house to Edelbrock, he walked in the door, asked to speak to the same gent, not only got the answers but was given the offer to be able to purchase the manifold with cash at wholesale cost.

I purchased a manifold from a different manufacturer, then found out that when they were in El Segundo, many of the production castings were made outside of the US, and actually flowed less than the factory OEM units.....During the 80's they had many a machinist who worked there for years suddenly quit.....one was a neighbor of mine, who told me of this and other items.

Aside from the under-the-table quality problems, I do not begrudge any mfg who sells to the public at wholesale prices, but I disliked tremdously the disrespect that was displayed, and considering the profit margins on manifolds is very, very substantial, 5 minutes would have been more than enough waste of their time to spend on a potential customer. BTW, Vic Jr was standing nearby, hearing the whole conversation. Now that's employee support!

One more thing then I'll shut up, If Vic Sr was alive today, he would not put up with anyone acting like that....Of course, that is my Ol mans' opinion.....he knew Vic Sr.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts