Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a 302 for my 66 mustang. I have installed a edelbrock performer fuel pump. I was wondering if anyone has this on there engine as well? Can you tell me what I have to do to attach the fuel line from the fuel pump to the carb?

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
What kind of fuel pressure are you going to have?? Are you sure your carb. will work with it or will the pressure let gas go right through the needle and seat and flood the top of your engine. Some of these fuel pumps need a fuel regulator Gary

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I'm not familiar with the Edelbrock pump as I have a Holley on the Fastback's smallblock. This produces a fuel pressure of about 7.5 lbs which requires no regulator. As for the connection bewteen the pump and carb, I had a local commercial hydraulic hose company (does some non-commercial work too) assemble a stainless steel braided line with the appropriate stainless fittings. For the carb end, I'm using the chrome, dual feed Summit inlet with integral filter and pressure guage. This keeps the high pressure side of the fuel pump-to-carb line free of any "hose" clamp connections as all are threaded type.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts