Vintage Mustang Forums banner

221 - 234 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm in Denver so its about 5,300ft where I live. The biggest thing is the Density Altitude changes at the drop of a hat and the system has been performing great!

·
Registered
759 Posts
I know your not a big poster, but I have to know where you got the black distributor cap and collar. I know the distributor is an un badged MSD unit but the red is driving me nuts!
MSD makes black caps as well as red. Just look on Summit. That is where I bought mine. They sell them with or without the top wire clamp. I agree the red caps just look way out of place.

·
Registered
70 Posts
More progress. EFI wiring complete. ECU power wires and fuel pump relay coil wires run to trunk through the passengers door sill. Fan relay wiring complete. Firewall grommet installed. Shameless copy of NailBender's idea.

Other progress includes stock engine compartment wiring replaced, brake lines, master, prop valve installed. I got a the adjustable voltage regulator from Dimension Engineering and got the gauges to read right at 10 and 73ohms. Getting there.

Reactions: Badbenz94

·
Registered
1966 Mustang GT 4sp Nightmist Blue
360 Posts
Looking good!!

Chris

Reactions: disquek

·
Premium Member
3,015 Posts
More progress. EFI wiring complete. ECU power wires and fuel pump relay coil wires run to trunk through the passengers door sill. Fan relay wiring complete. Firewall grommet installed. Shameless copy of NailBender's idea.

Other progress includes stock engine compartment wiring replaced, brake lines, master, prop valve installed. I got a the adjustable voltage regulator from Dimension Engineering and got the gauges to read right at 10 and 73ohms. Getting there.

View attachment 762575

View attachment 762576
Had to give that first pic a second look, the rear axle laying there made me question my eye sight. LOL

Reactions: Quicksilver66

·
Registered
70 Posts
Axle photobomb! lol I haven't installed it yet as I want to get the tank, lines, and filter done first.

I had to send the tank back to Aeromotive. The sender was bad.

I'm trying to figure out where to put the filter. The filter I'm using it big in diameter (2" OD). It's a Mercedes OEM filter. They're cheap and 5 micron. A Bosch dealer in NY makes ends to convert it to AN6. So I was thinking the area on the rear frame rail near where the front leaf spring bolts in. The trunk panel in front of the tank is another option, but I have a rear sway bar that goes through there taking up some space. The third option I looked at is in the front fender well on the frame rail. But I'd have to build a protective box around it (no biggie).

·
Registered
70 Posts
I also figured out mounting the tablet. This car has never had a radio while I've had it.

The car has a console. The wires hanging down are for the console lighting and a small bluetooth stereo amp that I'm going to put in the console to drive a RetroSound Speaker that I just put in the dash. It'll be mostly for GPS directions. Music in a car this loud is a waste of time. lol

·
Registered
3,980 Posts

View attachment 762575
I like the water tight fitting location, should be more stealthy than mine! My excuse is the engine was already back in the car. The radio delete plate isn't very structural in its attachment to the dash fyi. You may end up needing to beef it up.

Looking good!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah! lol The radio delete plate isn't the strongest option. This one is an ancient original one that I picked out of the trash 30 years ago. It had a broken off stud in the back and I epoxied a flat head bolt to it. lol. We'll see if it holds up. If it doesn't, I'll fix it. Maybe a layer or two of carbon to the back side.

·
Premium Member
3,015 Posts

·
Registered
1966 Mustang GT 4sp Nightmist Blue
360 Posts
Reactions: Redneckgearhead

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm not running a proflo, but a similar MPI injection setup. I went with an aeromotive stealth tank with the fittings in the stock location. I also used my stock feed as a return line and plumbed my rails dead head so there is only 1 line from regulator to rails. I ordered a roll of 25ft black ptfe fragola hose and only have about 3ft left.

Reactions: Redneckgearhead
221 - 234 of 234 Posts