Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im putting in a Edelbrock carb on my 70 351C and I cant figure out how to get my throttle cable hooked up right. I bought the throttle lever/kickdown adapter and throttle cable plate from edelbrock, I got the throttle lever adapter hooked up right but im not sure what to do with the throttle cable plate. Does anybody else have this setup? If you do, could you please post some pics or advice on how to get this thing working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Dave

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Good luck. The kickdown linkage from Edelbrock changes the entire geometry of the '69/'70 throttle cable. I tried it, and never could get things working right. We have, currently, just left off the kickdown my daughter's '69 because of it. I need to replace the arm inside of the tranny anyway, but after I do that, our plan is to use a Lokar kickdown cable. The '69/'70 throttle linkage bolts right up to the Edlebrock carbs if you don't use the kick down.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i was thinking about getting that Lokar cable 'cause my new baby didnt have a kickdown rod and try finding one for a C6 anyways. Did you have any problems with the throttle bracket mounting behind the carb? I think im gonna have to grind on mine a little. Has anybody else used it the Lokar cable? If you have, do you recomend it?

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
i had the original throttle bracket with the edelbrock carb and it held the throttle cable too high and thus making the gas pedal very high in the air. i bought a throttle bracket from autozone (it was nice chrome bracket and i was on a budget) that was $13 and it looks right and is adjustable which helps. works nice and looks good. available in the chrome dress up department in autozone if you are interested.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for info man, I'll have to check that out. What did you you do about the kickdown linkage though?

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Dave, I'm using that same bracket on my '66. I'm using the Lokar cable for my TV cable on my AOD. The thought never occured to my to use that same cable setup for a kickdown cable, until I saw someone that did just that on a C4, at the Knotts show.

It looks so much cleaner than the ugly, bulky kick down rods on the '65's and '69/later models. The Lokar cable is very nice looking with polished aluminum ends and steel braded cable housing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts