Vintage Mustang Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also I suggest a Dyno Tune from a Holley trained Tech. I just so happen to have a friend down the road that does this. It made a WORLD of difference. He cleaned the car up from Idle all the way up. Throttle response was the craziest part for me I thought it was good, I was WAY wrong. After the dyno tune it felt like a COMPLETELY Different car.

·
Registered
1966 mustang coupe
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
I also have an MSD 6AL box and MSD coil, im going without timing control for now.

I went with an hyperfuel surge tank system feeded by the mechanical pump, i should receive some parts tomorow to finalize the setup and start this thing!

Good advice for the tune thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1966 mustang coupe
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
After a week of tuning and running the car in different conditions, i can say that its running really strong now.

It wasnt the case at first and i was not happy at all with the conversion to efi.

The "self tuning" feature is a nice thing to get you started but you still have to go manually edit some portions of the fuel table etc. to get good results.

With the help of datalogs and some very nice people on the Holley forum, i was able to tune the sniper so my car runs stronger than ever before now.

Ill probably add timing control in the future but i am already pretty impressed with how it runs.

Same thing for my hyperfuel surge tank, its silent and feed the sniper unit perfectly, i had to run a return line from the surge tank to my oem fuel tank, i used my drain plug port as a return port.

I still have to clean the engine bay wiring/hoses a bit and this is not at "show car level" by any means but heres what it looks like now.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts