Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to pick up a complete EFI set up from a F1SE-BB-9 1994 Mustang 5.0/302.....My question is will this work on my 68 J code 302 ?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Complete engine and efi, or just the efi?
I'm using the complete engine and efi in my 65. Mainly for the ability to control the 4 speed auto.
The T-Bird intake that was used on the 94-95 is down on power from the Fox body cars, but it can fit under an export brace ... just.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The firing order is different between the 94 5.0 and 68 302, You will need to change the injector wiring.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Complete engine and efi, or just the efi?
I'm using the complete engine and efi in my 65. Mainly for the ability to control the 4 speed auto.
The T-Bird intake that was used on the 94-95 is down on power from the Fox body cars, but it can fit under an export brace ... just.
It's just the EFI.....It's in a running Mustang....He wants to go to a carburator ! Don't know why !!!!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Consider fuel tank, pump and return. Efi requires pressurized, sealed, fuel delivery. Everyone always overlooks the cost of a tank, pump, and return.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Wiring on the 94-95 is more complex than Fox stuff. The resistor trick for EGR sensors doesn't work on them. Need some way to tune them out of the ECU. Changing the cam to a flat tappet version of the roller cam would be more successful than trying to get it to work by changing injector wiring.
By the time you finish, you'll have a lot more in it than you think ... even if it was free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts