Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone can help me pick a complete EFI sytem for my 65 fastback. I'm looking for the best setup for a nicely built 331 that will be used mainly on the street but also occasionally at an open track event. I don't know much about aftermarket EFI systems - I've only seen them for the sb ford from Coast High Performance and Accel. Don't know which is better or if there's a better out there. Money's not much of an issue. Anyone know?

Thanks-
Craig

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
For a daily driver-grade fuel injection setup, I suggest going with the Ford factory setup, upgrading the size of the throttle body and mass air units, and tweaking the computer with an aftermarket add-on chip. You could pick the whole system up at a junk yard for less than half of what you would spend otherwise with some other system, then take some of the savings and get a performance chip for the computer, ProM 70mm mass air unit, and BBK throttle body and egr elminator/spacer. Just my 2 cents. There is a lot of literature out their. the FAST system, Accel DCI are well regarded. Holley has a conversion set up. Motorsport (Ford Racing) sells wiring harnesses for a conversion.

·
Premium Member
11,702 Posts
Wanna buy a nice individual runner setup? I'll make you "such a deal"...

Accel DFI GenVII engine management system is the way to go. That's what I'm putting on mine.

Or... you could get with the folk at Hilborn and they can hook you up with any intake in their inventory converted to EFI for $5200.00, IIRC. This price includes all the goodies needed to make it go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts