Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finish my efi swap and it won't start but I think it's because I don't have it tdc. My question is when I am trying to start it it will crank but for some reason it will blow off my high pressure line from the bottom connector could the cause it be because I don't have any vaccum going to fuel regulator? So does anybody a pic of the vaccum line setup

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
For the regulator you need a manifold vacuum source, a port below or after the throttles plates. Since you didn't indicate what manifold you are using I can't get more specific. I would be surprised the lack of vacuum connection is causing the line to blow off, if you are using a return line, I would start by making sure it isn't kinked, plugged, or restricted.

Just noticed, you joined back in 2007 and this is your first post? Welcome long time lurker.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Something happen to my old account on here and when I used the forgot password it showed this account register not my old one. The funny thing is I forgot to hook up those clamps for the fuel lines that goto fuel rails. The reason why my car won't start is because it's losing power to the coil and distribution trying to figure that out. Im using one of those premade harness from ford racing and it's a 89 gt 5.0 HO.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Your description sounds like more than one problem.
"blow off my high pressure line from the bottom connector could the cause it be because I don't have any vacuum going to the regulator"

I have to ask what kind of reg are you using ?

I'm just going to run down a normal full flow fuel set up because I dont know what you have.
Tank,filter,pump,filter,fuel rails(or TB)Regulator,then return to tank.

The vacuum has no effect when the engine is not running,your static pressure should be 42psi (depending on system,check with manufacture)

Do you have the "s" and "i" wires swapped on the starter solenoid?

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I have always viewed those clips as more of an emergency backup to hold the lines together. If you were blowing lines off without the clips installed, that means the garter springs inside of fittings aren't holding correctly. If the lines aren't blowing apart with the clips on, it might only be just those clips that are the only thing preventing a disaster. Make sure the garter springs (circular spring in the connection) is holding the fitting. When you push the quick-connect together, you should hear a "click" when the spring snaps into place. Try to pull it apart with your hands - it should not come apart without using the special spring release tool.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The funny thing is that same spring you're talking about always fell off on the high pressure fuel line but only the part that connects to the fuel line. I did call cj pony and they said it wouldn't effect it. Ill probably take the spring off the old high pressure line and use it. Im using the RUSSELL STAINLESS STEEL -AN FUEL LINE KIT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts