Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like SCREAMING.

I just finished a series of business trips, which had me going to Boston every week since March. I had a MACCO paint job redone to my driver in March (the first on was pealing). Now I have hardly gotten to drive my stang since March.

When I went out to my car (Parked in front of the house) I found out it had been egged in the last couple weeks. This Texas summer sure bake that egg on it. I had just done a good wax job on it the last weekend I was home at the beginning of July but it still checked the paint in places. There are also chips in the paint where the 2 eggs hit the driver’s side.

Now I have to file a insurance claim. I believe most of the damage can be buffed out and the chips can be filled, sanded and buffed. I will see how much the insurance will give me to fix it my self. Luckily I only have a $100 deductible. What needs to be done for the areas that it looks checked?

Would ya’ll take it back to MACCO or try to fix it yourself?

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The paint job is Good. Put there tape job was poor, I have paint on the chrome, A paint finger print on the inside of my car. They did not polish it out but I was going to try to do this. The paint job was 20% the cost of my show car paint job but may be 50% of the quality.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
616 Posts
MAACO - Their paint here seemed OK for a driver. I had a problem with overspray on the underside of the car. Like it has been said, quality varies by shop.

BUFFING - I had my Triumph Stag in a show where the neighbors tent fell over & damaged the drivers door. I bought a small hand sander from W-Mart along with some of the different grades of rubbing compound and polish. It took a bit of efforrt, but from the way it was it turned out OK.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Paint checking will continue to come back unless it is brought down to bare metal in those places. There is a reaction happening with the old paint/primer underneath.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I agree that since MAACO did the paint job, might as well entrust the repair to them if you're satisfied with their work. As for the Sh**heads who did the deed, I can only shake my head at the pitiful existence some people must have that would lead them to that kind of vandalism. I'd look seriously for a safe place to park from now on, and I'd also see if I could find out who did it. If I got the proof on whoever did it, I'd make 'em pay the bucks for the damage. That would squeeze them where it really hurts.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Think you could somehow keep that egg wet for long enough to soften if for removal? Kinda like soaking an egg-covered plate in the sink.......I'm thinking a hot water sponge covered by plastic wrap.....A few hours in that same TX sun should make it much easier to remove. Just an idea! Dickson

1 - 8 of 8 Posts