Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1/ When the terms and conditions are 90% of the auction description and extremely little about the part or its condition
2/ Hot wheel type cars advertised as NOS
3/ Used parts advertised as NOS
4/ Used parts advertised as "Not NOS"
5/ Too many terms and conditions. So many say things like "I don't do this", "I don't accept that", "I won't ship here", "I don't accept checks"
6/ Aftermarket items where the description is purposely obtuse to make you think the part is a Ford part.
7/ Advertising the auction as "no reserve" but the starting price is so damn high
8/ Magazine ad's for $9.95 plus shipping. Yikes
9/ Used parts with no description of their condition.
10/ Pictures of the item but so poor or at such a distance you cannot tell the condition of the part
11/ Use of the term "65 Mustang part. I don't know what it is your responsibility to determine if it is"

I Probably have a lot more than this but can't think of them right now.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I hear you. My BIGGEST peeve though is "daily driver condition". I guess all of us that drive our cars daily must just have pieces of crap.

My second biggest peeve is after the description, typing "65 66 67 68 69 60 71 72 73 boss mach mustang shelby" on parts that are for a specific year (or 2), rendering searches useless.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Item #4 is a good one, I see that for all sorts of things, people will try anything to get other people to look at thier auctions.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Items listed with the word "Shelby" that are not unique to Shelbys.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
12/ Mustang parts listed with Boss /Shelby in the title even if they were never installed on a Boss or a Shelby
13/ NOS parts that are New reproductions
14/ NOS parts that are olds stock aftermarket parts
15/ Parts listed as 69/70 and they only fit 1970
16/ Mustangs that are Frame-off restorations - what frame ?they are all unibody !
17/ The use of the word "Rare" on parts that where on millions of Mustangs e.g. "Rare - 1969 Mustang Boss Shelby Mach I Trunk Letters, missing letter 'G': $50"
18/ Auctions that are selling a pair of items, but you are only getting one of them. "69 Parking light assemblies - like new - your choice left or right". I won't both damn it !!
19/ Auctions that have a picture of a mint part but read "item looks like this part", but isn't the one you are bidding on
20/ Auctions that contain the sellers complete life story so you can understand why he has to sell you that ultra rare 67 mustang window crank handle.
18/ Sellers who close auctions that you are winning early without any reason.
19/ ehay itself for running an online auction with no accountablity. There motto should be "If anything goes wrong call somebody else we just want your money."

Wow, maybe we should just make this a poll.

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
my two biggest pet peeves for [censored] are people who bid and buy but do not pay and also those who sell but do not respond. i recently purchased a mustang convertible out of new hampshire even had a fellow vmfer go inspect it for me machonepilot great guy did great job but once i won the auction the seller never responded to emails or phone calls. the other one is when someone buys something they dont pay costing me time and money.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
My biggest peeve is a seller who doesn't list the shipping cost and when you win the item he/she wants to charge an outrageous price for shipping. It cost me a negative feedback recently because I refused to pay such a crazy shipping cost.

James

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
well all those are good so far......
mine are: #1 buyers NOT reading the descritption carefully and the e-mailing me to ask a ? that would be answered if they would just read the damn descrition. #2 buyers who NEVER ask questions then B!tch when I won't do something the way they want. #3 buyers who make you wait WEEKS for the money and give a contineuos stream of lame excuses. #4 guys who wait for the auction to end and then e-mail you like they'll "do you a favor" by "taking it off your hands" if you give it to them for practically nothing. #5 people overseas that can't understand I don't ship overseas unless contacted BEFORE they bid. #6 people who email me trying to tell me that I am wrong about the description or that they've been "racing them" for years and know its not_____ but would like to buy it anyway for a much less price. #7 people who get mad because you won't ship thinds like front or rear windshields, etc..... and finally those that are rude and complain about shipping that was fixed and clearly posted in the description as well as the shipping costs area.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Nope, the #1 peeve is during an action recieving 400 emails asking what your reserve is. http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/yell.gif
Then for three weeks following an auction recieving emails from bidders who "didn't get there bids in"

·
Registered
966 Posts
My complaint is with over-priced shipping, especially with smaller items. Most of my Mustang wins have been actual price shipping or came dang close to the estimate. But does it REALLY cost $6.95 to ship a CD??? Then you get the CD and see Media Mail shipping for $1.45!!! I've passed up auctions because of the shipping alone... ::

·
Registered
135 Posts
If it is irritating to get e-mails asking the reserve, why don't you just put it in the ad? It's not a matter of national security. I always do, there's no reason to keep it a secret. I'm one of those guys that asks the reserve and only twice has the seller not provided it. Those two sellers didn't get my bid either.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
If you are going to put it in the ad, why don't you just make it your starting bid?

I figure people should bid where they're comfortable. If they can't afford it, they shouldn't bid. If my reserve is out of the stratosphere, then I guess it serves me right.
::

·
Registered
135 Posts
Good point topless, but the reason I don't make it my starting bid is that if it doesn't reach the reserve at least I have some idea what someone is willing to pay if I want to reconsider the reserve price.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I used to post my reserve and the bidding would go to 1 cent under the reserve. I am sure the bidding was mostly by someone that wasn't going to buy anyway. Just post in your auctions that you wont give out the reserve.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts