Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
umm not sure about your question. but i have a question were did you pick up that electric i need to get one.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
run a wire to the stud on the back of the ignition switch. that point is a 12V switched source which is what you need.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Greetings,

I think maybe he means to use a later factory choke cap which uses a 6 volt feed from the stator terminal of the alternator. If that is the case, it can't be done without using a power resistor. What carburetor are you wanting to use, tooponies?

Don

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know where the elect. choke kit came from but it was on a autolite 4100 4 V that I'm running on my mildly built 289 in my 64 1/2 convertible that has a generator. I know about the stator terminal on the alt. but don't know where to hok it up o the generator.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,638 Posts
The stud on the back of the ignition switch is likely the best place. If it were me I'd prefer to use a relay drawing power from the battery and just use the ignition switch terminal as a "trigger". Chokes don't draw a bunch of power but I'm just not fond of loading up the back of the switch to draw additional power through the aging factory harness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts