Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Have you selected a lower radiator hose yet? I have a Ron Davis rad for a big block and I'm using a 5.0 reverse rotation water pump, and want to avoid having to buy an assortment of lower radiator hoses at the parts store.
Yep. Its a 1970 v8 mustang lower hose. Trimmed about an inch off of it and it fits great.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Thanks!

·
Registered
547 Posts
I also ground the nub on the water pump shorter and used lower profile bolts for the pulley.
I'm curious to see how that fan works in AZ summer? When are you gonna light it up? How hot is it in AZ right now, mid-day average? Pls let us know if that's enough fan?

Your plans in the future include A/C? Also, what billet accessory mounts did you use?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm curious to see how that fan works in AZ summer? When are you gonna light it up? How hot is it in AZ right now, mid-day average? Pls let us know if that's enough fan?

Your plans in the future include A/C? Also, what billet accessory mounts did you use?
Its around 108* here right now. It wont run for a while. SO much work to do. Im hoping it runs this year. AC is a plan for the future. That will be the real test.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Is the fan actually contacting the radiator tubes ? If so, they will eventually chafe and likely cause a leak.
Its not touching the tubes themselves. The tubes sit 1/32" in from the fins... The billet kit is from a guy in California on ebay. The product is okay. Probably better than the Chinese manufactures on there. The guy is a jerk though. Mine came to me without being de-burred. He called me a liar.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts