Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at itstalling a electric fuel pump to try to solve a vapour lock problem i have been having. i have a 66 fastback, 302 engine edelbrock 1405 carb, im also going to install a spacer at the carb and insulate my fuel lines, is there anyone who can provide some info regarding installing a electric fuel pump, which one to buy? can i use it in addition to my mech pump, where to mount it, do i have to worry about to much fuel or pressure at the carb and any other info that would help me with a problem free setup.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would try to solve the vapor lock problem before installing an electric pump setup. First I would check the fuel pressure to be sure it is up to spec. You may have a tired fuel pump. Then I would check the fuel filter and check all of the fuel lines for kinks. Drain then fuel tank and remove the fuel pickup and sender assembly. Check for rust and other debris in the tank and the pickup tube. Be sure to use a battery powered flashlight to check the fuel tank due to gas fumes inside the tank. Replace all rubber hose connections. If you still want to try a electric pump the pump should be mounted at the front of the gas tank due to an electric pump is gravity feed. Trying not to get to long winded here, but whatever you do by top quality parts for your fuel system not cheap foreign imatations. Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts