Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You would need 2, but it supports 1-touch operation.[/QUOTE]

I have a question, does it support one push auto on and one push auto off? I've been reading on the micro controller and it can drive the motor all the way in and all the way out.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Out of curiosity I played with the E parking brake on my wife's Audi. It doesn't "set" while moving, it goes on for a Second, then turns off again. It will however stay on if you continue to hold the button, so it does function as an Emergency brake. Final point, It is not strong enough to lock the brakes or anything, but it does provide some decent braking.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Out of curiosity I played with the E parking brake on my wife's Audi. It doesn't "set" while moving, it goes on for a Second, then turns off again. It will however stay on if you continue to hold the button, so it does function as an Emergency brake. Final point, It is not strong enough to lock the brakes or anything, but it does provide some decent braking.
That is what the manual said when I read it. It would require 4 modules and for that function the abs module would need 4 abs wheel speed sensors to work properly.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
That is what the manual said when I read it. It would require 4 modules and for that function the abs module would need 4 abs wheel speed sensors to work properly.
Well that's not an easy project. It does show that a "manual" version could work though. As long as it doesn't lock the brakes, it still could be used as an emergency brake.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The manual operation will work I would just have to have a separate button or mode that only goes to 1.0 amp draw to turn off and the brakes would only come in contact, the car is also a manual so downshifting is an option.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The manual operation will work I would just have to have a separate button or mode that only goes to 1.0 amp draw to turn off and the brakes would only come in contact, the car is also a manual so downshifting is an option.
I know that here, in Russia, there are window controllers that have one-touch auto closing/opening and manual mode if button is held for more than a couple seconds. Some of them have learning function to sence when motor comes to end of travel (amp draw increase). I'm planning to install one in my fastback. Probably you can find something similar in US or on Aliexpress, for example.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thank to Azride for the motivation to keep posting. Ok so after researching I have found that the brakes can be made to work during an emergency, they work off of the alternator or battery, if the car dies just hook up a jump box to disengage it.
Ok so me and my high school friends over at STF Solutions INC. decided on a smaller version of an audrino made by atmel and a l298n dual DC motor h-bridge. We can control the motors in both direction with one button and with a resistor we can turn off the motor when it hits 1 amp. With an existing VSS in my t-5 we can tell the system to not engage if in motion and we can manually engage the system by holding the button. After I get all of the components together I will start writing the code then it's off to 3d printing the module case and instillation.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I know that here, in Russia, there are window controllers that have one-touch auto closing/opening and manual mode if button is held for more than a couple seconds. Some of them have learning function to sence when motor comes to end of travel (amp draw increase). I'm planning to install one in my fastback. Probably you can find something similar in US or on Aliexpress, for example.
Off topic: Did you get your money back from Robert Jackson?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Sorry for not finishing the brakes I have been building a large powder coating oven. I am now back on the electric parking brake system.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Here is the oven I built.

Krynn44, would you discuss your oven build in a new thread? I've been thinking about building an oven for a while and I'm VERY interesting in what you learned and what parts, controller, and materials you used. I suspect I'm not the only person at VMF who would like to know more details.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts