Vintage Mustang Forums banner

321 - 328 of 328 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
i just seen another youtuber name fabbin adventures did the same 3 wire hookup but it was with an 09. maybe this only works with the prius 09 and not 07 or 05?

·
Registered
7 Posts
i got it to work. it is important to make sure you have the output shaft in the vise for the torque sensor to function. i was dong everything right except i didnt clamp the shaft. clamping it is like having wheels on the ground to cause friction and pressure.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just finished a install of a 06 prius epas unit on my 67 vert. As part of a rack& pinion & everything but the spring on the front end on my 67. When I first tried it nothing then I grounded the control module to the car(zip tied under the hood) works great ,got about 50 miles driving on it so far & I could not be happier . The epas does not start immediately but you know as soon as it does.Since my car is a 6cyl auto I decided to mount the epas underhood& not cut my new tilt column apart don't care about the room as it's always going to be a 6/auto. Good luck on the install pull the wireing diagram up & double check to be sure you got it correct.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Just finished a install of a 06 prius epas unit on my 67 vert. As part of a rack& pinion & everything but the spring on the front end on my 67. When I first tried it nothing then I grounded the control module to the car(zip tied under the hood) works great ,got about 50 miles driving on it so far & I could not be happier . The epas does not start immediately but you know as soon as it does.Since my car is a 6cyl auto I decided to mount the epas underhood& not cut my new tilt column apart don't care about the room as it's always going to be a 6/auto. Good luck on the install pull the wireing diagram up & double check to be sure you got it correct.

Question How’s the return to center wile driving?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Question How’s the return to center wile driving?
I'm going to say it's fine but I only have the 50/70 miles driving on it & have not had or tried to do any alingment after putting the front end parts on other than centering the rack& adjusting the tie rods out to connect them to the spindles. Even thou the epas unit is in the fail safe mode I honestly can't tell that the mustang takes any more effort to drive than my 05 prius.Thinking that if I ever get started on the ranchero I'll do the same hack job to it .

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I'm going to say it's fine but I only have the 50/70 miles driving on it & have not had or tried to do any alingment after putting the front end parts on other than centering the rack& adjusting the tie rods out to connect them to the spindles. Even thou the epas unit is in the fail safe mode I honestly can't tell that the mustang takes any more effort to drive than my 05 prius.Thinking that if I ever get started on the ranchero I'll do the same hack job to it .
That’s why I prefer the Vue unit with the adjustable boost. Sure the Prius might be a simpler install but it does not have the versatility.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Anyone know if the 2014+ Corolla (or other later) column will work with the earlier ECUs? It looks like it should, but it's hard to say confidently.

Thanks.

321 - 328 of 328 Posts