Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just something that I added to my Mustang a long time ago. I removed the trunk release from a 68 Tbird and installed it in my 67 Mustang. I had to file a very small notch (1/16"x1/4") in the latch support. I did have to drill a hole to mount the release button in the glove box. Well not in the box itself, but in the spot that is covered when the door is closed. Now I just lean over open the glove box and push the button and the trunk lid pops open. It was pretty simple for me to install, just had to run a wire from the trunk to the glove box area and get some power. I figure the less times that I have to stick the key in the trunk key slot the less chance of missing and scratching the paint. But I did this about 15 years ago when it cost like 50 cents to get into "Pick-a-part" and there were all kinds of Tbirds there, and a few Mustangs too. Ah the good ol days. fd

1967 GT coupe been in my garage since 1974
1993 Ranger ExtCab 4.0L daily driver
1996 Aerostar wifes ride
Those that know it all are willing to learn something new, those that think that they know it all don't know anything.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Hey, that sounds like the easy way to go about it! I used a cut off disc and cut a few windows in the mechanism on my 70's trunk release and then drilled a small hole in the proper release lever and hooked it up to a big solenoid. I have it wired to the alarm system and there is a button on my key fob just for it. John

It would be a shame to have passed the test but to have missed the lesson.

G

·
0 Posts
i would like to add a trunk release like that on my 66 FB do you have any pictures of the completed setup?

/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[color:blue]Todd (the guy with the 8.8)
restomod junkie, 19 y/o with too many ideas and not enough money to finish any of them..
ObsidianSpider on AOL IM
http://home.att.net/~obsidianspider/5lugwormviewsmall.jpg</font color=blue>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts