Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody using one on their car? and do u think it would be ok for a street driven car?

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
Some of the electric pumps have fairly short life expectancies. The CSI pumps sound interesting to me, in that they are good for on the order of 3500 hours, which equates to 60,000 miles of every-day driving.

I was just browsing the CSI product line. They have all sorts of nifty stuff.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Part of the problem is many dont throttle relative to engine RPM.....Ive only seen one that did.

And they can apparently move TOO MUCH water at times.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do u think the CSI would be ok for a daily driver?

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
CSI claims that theirs is good for the street.

I suspect that the key to success is a good control for the fan.

TCP runs a CSI pump in their race car, IIRC. They don't run a fan at all, but keep the fan on after a run for a few minutes to cool the engine down.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my fan is on a toggle switch right now so i think if i get an electric water pump ill keep the fan on the toggle and turn it on after the motor has warmed up. do you think this plan would work?

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
I don't see why not.

You should only need the fan in traffic at best anyway.

I'm not sure how they control the pump. I would assume that it is setup with a constant-on. A variable speed control, based on engine temp would be pretty cool (pun intended :) ).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts