Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have a 70 Mach 1, I have been having problems with my turn sigs. Found out that the front housings were bad. I've replaced both front housings and the turn sig switch. Back lights work, front lights work but they flash on the "low" filament instead of the "high" one. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks

·
Registered
374 Posts
There is a double filament bulb in that housing. One filament is the turn signal (bright) and the other is the parking light. If the housings are correct they will have two wires comming out of them. The wires should have a combination male/female connector which when connected should operate of the turn signal correctly. If there was no connector and just wires that needed to be stripped and attached then one of these wires is for the turn signal and the other is for the parking lights. (If your housings have 3 wires then they are for a '69 but still can be made to work.) If you connect a 12v source to one of the wires and then the other you will be able to see which wire operates the turn signal (the brighter of the two). If the light blinks on the dimmer of the two bulbs does the brighter bulb come on with the parking lights?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts