Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I borrow my father-in-laws air compressor to air up some tires on one of the projects. It is a small 2hp pancake compressor. Within 30 sec of running it throws the breaker. how can i fix this?

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I would suggest posting this on the general board..you will get more answers there.
I can't imagine why you would have a problem with only a 2hp motor after it has been running. Usually if it's an amperage problem that manifests at startup. How many amps is the breaker it's throwing? What else is on that circuit? I used to have a problem in a house I lived in because the refrigerator ran on the same circuit as my garage outlets, so I could be running a tool in the garage and it would suddenly shut down...which I finally figured out was the fridge cutting on while I was working.
My suggestion is to check exactly what else is on the circuit, make sure the other things are shut down, and then checkin it again. If nothing else is running, then my first guess would be something is wrong with the compressor that manifests only when the motor heats up, second guess is a bad breaker....but I'm no electrician.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts