Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed my new headlight switch and
1.headlights work fine
2 running lights work fine(taillights)i dont have front runnin lights/blinkers yet.
Now the problem:
1. drivers side blinker works,but not the passenger side.
2. drivers side brake ligt works but not passenger side.
3. indicator on guages for blinker works on driver not passenger.
4. all guages light up except for amp and temp which is also on passenger side.
what in the hell is wrong with my passenger side???
thanks in advance..

·
Registered
874 Posts
Are you using new repo tail light housings? I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the new tail light housing on one side was grounding the system out. After I worked on the socket a little all worked fine.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
new problem.
now when i plug the headlight switch in the headlights blink on and off real fast and i can hear a wierd sound coming from the h/l switch. :: o yea tailights dont work any more ,probably blown fuse....crap.

G

·
0 Posts
How is your Engine ground strap? Many of these cars are really grounding through the drive line and they shouldn't be. I've found that after I replace/ put on for the first time(if it didn't have one) Many electrical gremlins just go away. I like to use the "rope" style. The blinking headlight thing reminds me of my bad high/low beam switch. After I replaced it, the headlights worked fine.

Jim L

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think it is a bad turn signal switch because it sparks when i hook up the headlight switch and my taillights work when they want,also everything willbe working fine and ill wiggle the turn signal lever and the lights will start blinking,i can hear my headlight switch phasing, what do you guys think?? new turn signal switch.... o yea even with the lights off and key off the headlight switch is making a phasing in and out sound ... ::

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
A overload breaker inside the headlight switch instead of fused, that's the clicking...

You have a dead short somewhere..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts