Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if one of the suppliers carries an Emberglo dash pad? Laurel Mountain can only provide the parchment dash pad with the emberglo interior.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I doubt it, I needed a Palomino one for my 65 and could not find it, they all recommended dyeing one and I did. It worked out great!

·
Registered
79 Posts
What year? I have one that I recently removed from my project 1966 fastback. It has no cracks. I'd sell it "as is" for $40 plus shipping.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Not sure, but I think the dashpad for an emberglo interior was more of a burgundy color. Yeah, ugly, that's what I thought so I painted mine emberglo.

Frank

·
Registered
962 Posts
Briarpatch, I used the ACCUMATCH dye from CJ's pony parts. One can did my pad and both door panels.

·
Registered
35,866 Posts
The correct Emberglo dash pad color is Dark Emberglo, a sort of cinnamon color. No one makes these, you'll have to dye one. If you're converting a 65 to Emberglo, you'd have to dye one anyway, because there was never an original 65 Emberglo.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will the Accupatch dye cover any color dash pad? Mine is a tan/beige color. I know this isn't a correct color for my '65 but I think they are awesome looking. I am hoping that I can get it looking like 22GT's car. I am also running a 351W and T-5 so originality isn't part of the equation. Thanks to all for your help and advice.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
22GT is correct, the original is sort of a burgundy color. You'll have to get parchment and dye/spray. Technically not correct, but it does look better than the original burgundy in my opinion.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I covered a Black pad with Palomino dye, clean it real well, and just go with light coats until fully colored to suit. I've heard you can also use a light coat of primer first, but not sure what kind of primer you would use.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Hey 22GT, is the correct color dash pad the same color as the pony seat inserts on the Emberglo/Parchment scheme?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts