Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm removing emblems and trim before sending sLime in for bodywork and paint. I'm wondering if I should plan on leaving the barrel nuts in the sheet metal, pulling them out (or drilling them out?), or what?

I'd appreciate some advice on this. My plan is to get new emblems to replace worn out looking ones. I'm assuming new barrel nuts come with these (?). Is it better to pull the old nuts out after the paint job?

Full of wonderment here....

·
Registered
553 Posts
i'm no paint expert but i'd pull those barrel nuts out of there. wont the body shop fill those holes anyway? it seems like if they werent careful they would get drips or runs there? besides most of the emblems come with new barrel nuts and you can get a pack of 4 for .92 cents, it's good to order some extra when you get your emblems because they are small and if you're as clutzy as i am you'll drop one or in the grass or gravel and spend 2 hours looking for it. but maybe that's just me /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
916 Posts
Definitely take them out. They are very cheap if they don't come with the new emblems, and plus when you take your old emblems out, it messes up the barrel nuts so they won't hold the new emblems as well.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Toss them, I lost a side emblem when I resued some of mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts