Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I just wondering how you could restore the emblems on a 66 mustang? Can you use model paint or is that wrong? I don't know. My problem is that I don't want to buy new ones. I want my car to be as original as possible! If anybody has answers for this question is a big help to me and is much appreciated in my book. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I don't know for sure, but a few days ago, there was a post asking this. Many responses were that yes, you can use model paint, and it works very well. But, I don't know from personal experience, just from what they said.
Sean

1969 Mach 1-in restoration
302 2 Barrel 4 Speed

·
Registered
514 Posts
I used model paint on mine and they came out pretty well. Not as nice as new ones, but still presentable. I used a trick from my model making days: spray some paint onto a piece of wax paper (or just regular paper) then use a model brush to paint in the areas on the emblems. You can also mask some areas and use a Xacto knife to cut away portions that need to be painted. For the steering wheel and gas cap's sunken letters I painted them in with a brush, then removed the excess paint on the flat chrome areas with 000 steel wool. Good luck!

http://216.71.48.244/archive/mikecar.jpg

65 Fastback 289 4spd in storage :-(
91 CRX Si... A.K.A. my go-kart with AC!
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Mike_B on 03/26/01 09:29 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts