Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
65 mustang convertible. The return spring that attaches to the lever that works the emergency brake. One end hooks thru the hole on the lever, the other end goes WHERE????

·
Registered
408 Posts
Look to the back side of the LH shock tower/control arm mounting point. You'll see one round hole and a slotted hole above. Hook the short end of the spring thru the slotted hole and out the round hole.

National Parts Depot
1965 Conv:Street driven concours
1966 Coupe: Daily driver and toy

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Don't want to step on any toes, but I think the hole location Scott is describing is for attaching the spring that goes to the clutch arm coming out the side of the bell housing on a manual tranny car. The emergency brake spring goes from the actuating lever hole (where it pivots on the transmission mount bracket), to the inside rear of the frame rail under the pax compartment.

65 Hi-Po F/B
67 GTA F/B (small block)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This might be a bit off the subject, but similiar problemo. I have had two places work on my 72's emergency brake, and it still doesn't work! Go figure??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts