Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get my falshers to work in my 65 fastback. I have the 66 instrument cluster and wiring. I can only get the flashers to work with the key in the run position and the turn signal has be turned on as well. The drawings I have show to different places for the #8 orange/yellow wire going to the back of the ignition switch and the other drawing shows it going the cig. lighter. It is now going to the ignition switch. I also the same two wires from the flasher switch hanging and appear to go to nothing under the drivers side of the dash where all of the hook ups for the running lights are. Anyone know what the problem is?

G

·
0 Posts
I thought flashers were on 66 and up. Early 66,s had a wiring harness permanently attached to the glove box switch, late 66,s had wires with terminals screwed to the switch. Mine works with everything else off, as does my cig. lighter.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I have a number of the Ford flasher units that are designed to retrofit into 65's. These splice into the harness with a male/female plugs that goes inline with the light harness. I have them used and NOS. I don't think the 66 was this style, but I could be wrong. All we've ever done is plug them in and send them down the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts