Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 66 coupe's emergency flasher switch seems to be out but the indicator lights on the dash light up when I press the brake down...any ideas?

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
My 66 coupe's emergency flasher switch seems to be out but the indicator lights on the dash light up when I press the brake down...any ideas?
When was the last time they worked correctly?

When you step on the brakes do any of the exterior lights that normally flash come on?

Paul

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
You might have a blown fuse. Mine was like that when I had a fuse blown but didn't look blown. After replacing the fuse, worked again. Not sure if the same on a 66

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cigarette lighter works fine. I actually solved the problem yesterday. I also had an issue with the left brake light and turn signal not working. I went ahead and cleaned up the contact points on my emergency flasher switch and got those to work. After about two hours of retracing the brake lines I went to bed angrily due to not solving it. Woke up this morning and had the bright idea to swap the light bulbs out and boom, the contact on the left bulb was simply bad. Fixed my brake light issues and my turn signal issues. Good start to a Friday. Thanks though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts