Vintage Mustang Forums banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
My question is, how did someone acquire this many K-code titles from one state. They must have found some way of finding VIN's from cars that no longer exist and bring them back to life using some loop hole in the Pennsylvania legal system.

·
Registered
303 Posts
My question is, how did someone acquire this many K-code titles from one state. They must have found some way of finding VIN's from cars that no longer exist and bring them back to life using some loop hole in the Pennsylvania legal system.
I have a feeling the seller might be cooking up serial numbers, period.
Look at the latest list - 5F09K103417, 5F09K127914 and 5F09K102487 are impossible combinations. Neither the K-code, nor the fastback were available at those VINs. Somebody local should be reporting it to Pennsylvania law enforcement, this is likely fraud.

·
Registered
10,859 Posts
1965 Ford Mustang K-Code Fastback Paperwork Document
Sold for: US $750.00

Description:
"1965 Ford Mustang K-Code Fastback Paperwork Document
Comes ready to go !!"

VIN # 5F09K102487

eBay item # 233856087838 for record
This VIN does not make any sense.

It is extremely early for ANY Mustang and impossible for a fastback and impossible for a K code.

Is this guy inventing VIN's?

·
Registered
10,859 Posts
I have a feeling the seller might be cooking up serial numbers, period.
Look at the latest list - 5F09K103417, 5F09K127914 and 5F09K102487 are impossible combinations. Neither the K-code, nor the fastback were available at those VINs. Somebody local should be reporting it to Pennsylvania law enforcement, this is likely fraud.
I see you caught that too!

·
Premium Member
12,617 Posts
they are out of Chicago a car rusting state. Possible a former junk yard employee or owner where the cars ended up long ago.

·
Premium Member
12,617 Posts
I posted the info on the hipo mustang exchange in case it hasnt already been posted. Got to make people aware of any mustang that shows up with one uh them numbers is a faker.

·
Registered
895 Posts
The pictured titles are all in like new condition which is another huge red flag. How do all of the titles look like new? I don't throw my car titles around, but handling, storing them, and time all age a paper title. Also is highly unlikely someone found and bought a bunch of K code Mustangs that all got scrapped before selling the title "for display". I'm not buying this story at all.

·
Premium Member
12,617 Posts
The pictured titles are all in like new condition which is another huge red flag. How do all of the titles look like new? I don't throw my car titles around, but handling, storing them, and time all age a paper title. Also is highly unlikely someone found and bought a bunch of K code Mustangs that all got scrapped before selling the title "for display". I'm not buying this story at all.
duplicates or maybe he bought them all from someone else and then transferred them to his name. He would have new titles.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I'm standing by my comment from months ago about these titles. They all look brand new even though the issue date on all of them range in date from the 70's and 80's. Appears someone is literally printing their own fabricated title and selling.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts