Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new trailer has a provision to power the 12V lights from the tow vehicle as long as its connected to electrical plug on the hitch. It will also charge the battery in the trailer while you're driving. The trouble is that my tow mule doesn't have the accessory wire in the plug connected. Anyone know where the source for the constant 12V feed is connected on their tow trucks? I'd like to hook this up, but need to know where it's connected. Thanks.

·
Registered
21,070 Posts
Your battery! Hook a line up to the battery with an inline fuse 1st.

I just used a U-haul trailer wiring kit on my Windstar for a class II hitch. It doesn't have a provision for the elctric brakes and extra battery, but it had such a line to power the trailer lights. The kit uses a module to get the signal from the Windstar's lights to control the module and the seperate 12v to power the trailer lights.

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
I went directly from the battery, to a 20 amp circuit breaker, to the trailer light plug-in... I have a 7 prong plug.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
76 Suburban, 3/4T, 2WD

G

·
0 Posts
All the late models are prewired at the harness connection in the rear of the truck, but not all have the aux wire connected up front. Those just need a jumper under the hood to power the circuit up.
Your option is to follow Arts advise

1 - 6 of 6 Posts