Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 68 coupe with a 302 in it. Basically I have restored almost everything on the car interior and exterior but havent touched the engine. It runs quite well and the compression is near perfect on each head. Aside from that the previous owner added a 4bbl holley carb some edelbrock heads and possibly some other things. I am not familiar with engines and was looking for someone who knows a 302 like the back of their hand. Hopefully they could also guide me through doing other performance mods as well as providing peace of mind that im not going to blow myself up or crack my block. Help as much or as little as you feel you can commit to, as payment I offer plenty of beer, pizza, and lastly my gratitude. I guess just email me or message me if you're interested in helping. I can get you all the details that I know about. Once again im a total noobie so any help or even email assistance would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!
-Nick

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
The usual answer, get Tom Monroe's "How to Rebuild Ford Small-block Engines"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0912656...ks&v=glance

I don't know about George Reid's similar book but you will go a long way with Monroe. It will guide you through building a long block. You only need to learn additional stuff about roller cams and that's about it. It certainly saves you a lot of pizza and beer money, because you don't have to ask so many times "what's this part?"

·
Registered
219 Posts
Noticed that you are in Santa Clara. Can I suggest you join the Nor-Cal Shelby Club (http://www.norcal-saac.org/) and come hang out with us during meetings and out on the track.

LOTS of experience in this group and lots of guys and gals taht are moren than willing to share decades of information with you. And next weekend we are haing an open house at one of the best suspension shops in the bay area!

I am a member of the board and an owner of a '68 coupe with a 300HP 302 with T5 5 speend tranny.

Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts