Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, thanks in advance for the help. Here's the deal: when i sent my block to the machine shop, i didnt think to take pics of how things looked b/c i didnt think it'd be gone that long. So here I am, stuck like a duck. Is there any good book out there that details putting the engine back together? In particular, i need to find some pics of what spacers go where and the such around the timing cover. Thanks for the help.
-Ryan

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
lol.....its a good idea to read extensively on the task you wish to accomplish before you actually undertake it!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
I've found the Shop Manual a very good source. There are other books like, "How to Rebuild Big Block Ford Engines" and "How to Rebuild Small Block Ford Engines". Bob Mannel has a great book entitled, "Mustang and Ford Small Block V8"

Also, do a search at Amazon.com

Good Luck

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
As suggested, pick up a engine rebuilding guide and read it front to back and back to front before beginning...

If you have any specific questions in-process, feel free to ask...

If you're asking about how all the accessory mounts go on externally (spacers, bolts, etc), that might not be in the engine/service manual...some pointed questions here to the rebuilding/restoration guru's will likely get you going...

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts