Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
I'm new here and wanted to get advice on where to get a simple engine cradle or stand that would fit a 390. I'm not building the engine myself so it doesn't need to be elaborate. The main purpose is to get the engine onto a stand that can be used to store and transport the engine to the builder.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
714 Posts
Harbor freight

·
Registered
308 Posts
Make sure you get a good sturdy one. Have had more than one fail under the weight of a dressed out FE motor....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So this may be a stupid question, (with many more to come) do those stands match up to the engine or the motor mounts? They seem pretty universal, so I would expect they have slotted holes to allow alignment on the engine block?

My first classic car build as you can probably tell. I've been more of a small engine/snowmobile kind of guy in the past.
Now I guess have a whole new way to spend money...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
The FE one matches up to the engine. See the picture. I'd assume the rest are similar but would be worth an email to him to confirm.

I pulled this off a random website to show.

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
I used a Harbor furniture roller, with some 2 X 10 boards cut to fit where the engine sits on the oil pan rails. Its low, and rollable

1 - 9 of 9 Posts