Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 65 coupe and have a motor sitting on a stand with almost everything else in a box. My car won't be ready for a long time from paint/body work. My delimma is I'm thinking about selling everything that has to do with the motor in the garage and after the car is back and i have everything else completed (interior put back in, suspension, brakes, figure out how to add power steering and brakes etc) finding an SVT motor to drop in. The motor that i have now is not correct date code for the car. What are the thoughts of those who have had this delimma?

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
I think it's a bad idea.

There's an old saying that goes something like....

"A motor in hand is worth two in the parts catalog"

... or something like that.... ;)

I wouldn't get rid of ANYTHING until 2 months after the car is running and driving. While still building the car, I've made the mistake before of getting rid of parts that I was 100% positive I'd never use .... old headers, naw take'em, I ain't going to use those old things... original front suspension? Nope, don't need it, take it outta here.... the list goes on, but you get the idea. Somehow, just weeks after I give these parts away, I find myself regretting it because now I need to buy new, the exact thing I just thought I'd never need and gave away.

My policy now is nothing goes until after the car is completed and on the road with all of the bugs worked out of it.

Dave

·
Registered
556 Posts
I say give it to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts