Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Part of it I can decipher as you may already know. 351 is engine CID, C is engine plant code which is Cleveland, 70 is model year and the 1 is change level U.S. built. The rest doesn't follow my book, so I can decipher. I know this doesn't help a whole lot.

usually the bottom line has like 5-a with 5 year of production, a being month of production as a being January, then like 310 which is engine code number.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
351 = engine size
C = Engine Plant
70 = model year
-1 = change level
K = month of production (November)
609-A = Engine Code Number (means this is an M code 351 with a 4v)

·
Registered
778 Posts
351=ENGINE CID
70=Model Year
1= Change Level
K609=Engine Code #

The 14 is confusing, those numbers usually indicate year & month of production.
This is strange!

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
ok, if "l" is skipped, since "l" comes AFTER "k", it would not move "k" up in sequence from Nov. to Oct. It's still the 11th letter of the alphabet. Would not skipping "l" simply mean that the next letter used is "m", following "k", for a total of 12 letters (a through m, minus l)? This assumes the date code starts in January. I'm confused.

·
Registered
946 Posts
ok, if "l" is skipped, since "l" comes AFTER "k", it would not move "k" up in sequence from Nov. to Oct. It's still the 11th letter of the alphabet. Would not skipping "l" simply mean that the next letter used is "m", following "k", for a total of 12 letters (a through m, minus l)? This assumes the date code starts in January. I'm confused.
"I" don't come after "K" in the alphabet:loco:

A=Jan, B=Feb, C=Mar, D=April, E=May, F=June, G=July, H=Aug, J=Sept, K=Oct, L=Nov and M=Dec.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts