Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides all the other mods required like brakes, suspension, steering etc., are the mounts the same or is it a big process to reweld new ones. Where can I get the info on moving them if required? Can the C-4 from the 250 handle the 351 thats warmed up a fair amount (325-350 HP)? What would be needed to beef it up? This is strictly a 2000 mile/year street car. No track use. Maybe the odd green light Camaro or Corvette run. It will be in a 74 Maverick with 54,000 original K bought from that little old granny, garage kept, original mint paint for $1000 US. ( or about a million dollars Canadian). Looked into beefing up the I-6 but after $3000 you are still only lookin at 225 HP tops.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Pardon me for asking, but if you're not going to race, what do you need more than 225 horsepower for ANYWAY?

No, the motor mounts are not the same. You will need V8 motor mounts. If the C4 is in good shape, it might be able to handle the power but I'd recommend a rebuild of it. The axle won't be able to handle the power, though - You NEED to replace the rear axle as well.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
'74 Mavs all had 8" rearends. You're good to go there. That C4 is just like the one from behind a V8. 350HP might be pushing it without some internal upgrades however.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts