Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is coming along. I have the majority of the engine compartment completed and thought this would be a good time to share some pics. Definitely far from stock but I like it. Let me know what you think.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/662000-662999/662817_44_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/662000-662999/662817_45_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/662000-662999/662817_46_full.jpg

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Sent you an e-mail with pics of the alternator mounting.

Cheers,
Jason

·
Registered
246 Posts
Awesome looking job Jason, very clean. Love to see those big FE's in there.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Dang, that is probably the best color combo i have ever seen. I love how your radiator resembles the outside of the car, with the stripes down the middle. Really slick job i cant wait to see the whole thing in 1 pictures!! :)

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
NICE!!! :jawdrop:

*softly caresses the air cleaner*

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Very nice! I especially like the color! :highfive:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Love how the water pump is the same color :) wow that is sharp

K

·
0 Posts
Now who would want such thing? :paranoid: :paranoid: :paranoid:

Looks great. :highfive:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Nice, very uncluttered, looks great.

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
High quality work. Have you routed all the wiring like headlight harness and the alternator harness? Looks like there is some black wire loom running below the cowl lip at the firewall. Did a great job and keep up the good work! Isn't progress great? :biggrin:

·
Registered
504 Posts
It looks great! A couple of questions:

- What radiator are you using?
- Where are you hiding you wires (that engine compartment looks really clean).

Adam

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Jason, That looks really super, you have done some fantastic work, and trust me I know how difficult it is to do a color engine compartment.

I hope you won't take offense at one small suggestion, perhaps its on you list of things you still going to do as you mention majority or work completed. I would consider doing something about the hindges and perhaps the fender bolts. I'm sure you have something planned for those things anyway. Its obvious too tell your into details with the way your engine looks allready. Just some thoughts.

Mark

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All the wiring is routed. The shock tower brace wasn't bolted in so the wire loom is hanging down a bit in the pictures. It hides very nicely between the wall and the bolts. I routed the headlight harness inside the drivers fender so it doesn't run across the shock tower. Much cleaner.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks.

The radiator is a Griffin radiator. Fits nicely on the stock mounts.

The wiring is all there just hidden nicely. I used the new power braid wiring cover sold by Painless wiring. It did a great job of making things look much cleaner.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts