Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok all. First of, the spakling knife worked like a charm pushed it down between the intake and the heads and the in a matter of second the intake popped right off. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Hehe just a little rtv on that one. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

So now I am ready. I went to the hardware store and bought some grade 8 bolt and threaded two in the back (where the top of the bell housing bolts in, and two into the front, one in the coil bracket and the other in the alt bracket socket on the heads. Hooked up and the chain and the leveler and this is what I got:

http://users.zoominternet.net/~dodgeram/images/pull1.jpg

I image there are two ways to use this leveler, front to back and side to side. Because I am trying to fanangle this motor out with the headers on, I figured front to back was my best choice for tip control as I try to sneak past the shock towers.

Whatta all think?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I remember this part...the leveler I used was blue otherwise it looked the same and the chains are in the same spots in front. I think I used the rear exhaust port bolt holes to hold the chain in the rear. As the crane goes up, the leveler handle will start to conflict with the crane. It can get to a position where you can't handle it alone. It really makes the job easier if you've got someone else to operate the crane and permit you to muscle the chains if needed to get access to the leveler crank handle. Get a friend/neighbor to assist while you're bringing it out.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
first thing is you might want to choke up on the chain. The max height of the hoist is limited. Have a 2x4 handy, about 6 foot long just encase you need to push it somehwere you don't want a hand to go. Have something ready for when it drops fluid. Be sure you know what the feel of the release valve is like on the hoist. Have some beers chilled. Drink one while you take one last look around, relax, throw away the empty and pull the engine. Drink a beer to celibrate. Bolt the engine onto the stand. Clean up, put the tools away and enjoy the feeling of victory, Drink more beer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts